Saturday, September 1, 2012

A taste.

"The pleasure of the table belongs to all ages, to all conditions, to all countries, and to all aeras; it mingles with all other pleasures, and remains at last to console us for their departure." - Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

For a church activity tonight, I was asked to make an appetizer. I wanted to make baked brie but thought that would be too messy for everyone to scoop and such.

What about a bite-sized individual baked brie?

I already had some phyllo dough in the fridge so...

Tada!


Baked brie bites!


Brie, craisins, and brown sugar all wrapped up in a tasty pastry.


Yummy looking, huh? 


 Even better in person, believe me!

So simple to make yet so intricate when it comes to taste. Reminds me of Remy from Ratatouille. Isn't it amazing all the happiness that come from FLAVOR?!? Monsieur Brillat-Savarin was a wonderful gastronome and believed that "the discovery of a new dish does more for human happiness than the discovery of a new star." 

Here's to you, Jean! 

4 comments:

  1. YOU made those?!? I only ate one but it was so good. Jennifer laughed at me because I froze midbite and just sat there with this amazed look on my face. I've never been a fan of phyllo..but this recipe was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! That makes me so happy! I'm not a phyllo dough person either. I had it already in my fridge because I had planned on making baklava from the olympics (long story) and didn't get to it...

      Delete
  2. laura - you're amazing. seriously. you try so many fun things. and . . . can you send me the recipe? i'd like to try these for megan's shower!

    ReplyDelete