Thursday, March 20, 2014

Spring!!!

Spring is HERE!!! It has been the 5th coldest winter in Minnesota on record. In the last 150 years, only 4 winters have been colder. I am a Texas girl. I'm not MADE for the cold. The average temperature was in single digits. We almost set the record for most days below zero, as in zero FAHRENHEIT. BRRR!!! We had plenty of days when it was so bitterly COLD that school was cancelled because it was dangerous to be outside for 5 minutes even. You could boil water and then throw it up in the air outside and turn it into snow. It was CRAZY. 

And yet I made it through. I thought that I would get some sort of seasonal depression but I didn't, which I GREATLY appreciate. And now we are done. Today it was sunny and we had a high of 42 degrees! Absolutely incredible. The piles lining our driveway and sidewalk that were as tall as I am are now melting and I can SEE my lawn in a few places. I saw a small river moving down my street. Our small family was outside for ages today tromping around in our snow stuff. Soon it will be shorts and sandals!

Spring, I am welcoming you with the biggest hug EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment