Sunday, March 2, 2014

One Beautiful Year

I haven't added anything to this blog in almost a year. It has been a year of some tremendous changes and I felt the need to settle in, adjust, and appreciate those changes a little without worrying about capturing them on this blog. Have you ever been in a really good lecture or lesson and force yourself to just set down your pen, keep your paper blank, and just LISTEN and enjoy what is being said. I find that sometimes I get so caught up in keeping record of what is going on that I don't fully appreciate what is actually going on. Like when I see a beautiful sunset or gorgeous waves on the beach or the smiles of my children and try so hard to catch it on camera and then miss the opportunity to just savor the moment. That's how I felt about blogging this last year.

That being said, I'm going to start back up again. We left our old home and town of 4 years almost 50 weeks ago. We moved to a new state and bought our first house almost 10 months ago. Almost 9 months ago, I gave birth to my second child and my husband started his first post-graduate job. Between adjusting to being the wife of a resident, the mother of two wonderful yet busy children, a first-time homeowner, and starting a new life in a totally new town and state, my life has been so full that sometimes I forget to appreciate that it is full of JOY.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We believe that we are children of God and that we are here to learn and to grow and to be HAPPY. In the Book of Mormon, our companion scripture to the Bible, the attitude that we should have about life is clearly stated. It says "Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have JOY" (2 Nephi 2:25). God wishes for us to be happy, to rejoice, to cherish life.

Here's to happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment