Sunday, March 30, 2014

Some Pretty Darn Amazing Women

Last night, all the women in my church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, ages 8 years old and up met together for a meeting. It was held in the beautiful Conference Center in Salt Lake City, UT but it was broadcast to meeting houses all over the world. The leaders of our church spoke to us and gave us the most uplifting messages. There was beautiful music and moving videos. I walked away feeling uplifted and invigorated. If you want to listen to the broadcast, you can find it HERE.

As I sat in our chapel, surrounded by so many wonderful women, I felt a sweet sisterhood with them all. It ALMOST took away the sting of not sitting with my mother and sisters, who I knew were also listening in THEIR meetinghouses elsewhere in the country. I have been blessed to have wonderful family. My mother is as selfless as they come. I treasure my memories of her and love the time I get with her. My older sister is such a role-model to me. Being 6 years my elder, she has experienced all life's major events before me and handled them all with just poise and wisdom. My younger sister is my best buddy and I have had more fun with her over the years than I have had with ANYONE else and my heart is forever tied to her.

So last night I missed them. A lot.

But the pain of separation is SO worth the happiness I have received from having them in my life!

In the meantime, I am so grateful that I am surrounded by so many wonderful gals out here that are taking care of me and loving me and including me.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment