Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Exertion

One of my cure-alls for a bad day is exercise. Hard, intense exercise. There is something incredibly energizing about working your body until it is exhausted. I love taking off down the road in my running shoes and going till my legs just won't go any more. My new favorite (since this cold weather up north is kicking my trash) is group cycling. I bought a gym membership and go to the spinning classes as often as possible. They have these teachers that are SO good at motivating me to push myself as hard as I possibly can. I know that for 55 minutes, my time on the bike is MY time. No distractions. No kids needing my attention, no dinner to cook, no house to clean. Just my mind and my body, working together. It is my time to sweat and pant and feel my body getting stronger as I am pushing it till it is weak. I LOVE it.

I could give you all sorts of stats from research articles telling you the benefits of exercise but I'm not going to. It is just awesome and it will make you feel awesome. I sleep deeper. I like myself more. I have more energy. I stand taller and sit straighter. I move quicker. I think clearer. We are MADE to be pushed and tested. Our bodies and minds need it.

It is good.

And I am happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment