Sunday, March 16, 2014

Favorite Things

A huge group of gals from my church got together the other day to have a "Favorite Things" party. It was awesome to hear everyone's favorite songs and learn a little bit more about these ladies and what they love.

If you've never been to a favorite things party, you bring multiple of something that you adore and wrap them up separately and trade them all around and end up with some new "favorite things" from the other gals. I absolutely LOVE pedicures and my favorite part of the pedicure besides the painted toes is the sugar scrub. LOVE sugar scrubs : ) so I made some!

Here was my basic recipe:
2/3 c coconut oil (purchased at Costco)
1/3 c avocado oil (purchased at Costco)
2 c granulated sugar
1 lime zested
Lime and coconut flavoring oils (purchased online from the Gygi Company- one of my favorite stores ever, located in Salt Lake City, UT)

I mixed them all together and put them in adorable jars. Now these lucky ladies get to enjoy the magnificence of coconut-lime sugar scrubs ; ) here's to spreading happiness in a jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment