Sunday, August 19, 2012

Raindrops cont.

Since my draft of my post from yesterday about the rain, I realized that perhaps not everyone shares my views about how wonderful the rain is. I thought I'd address a happy thought to all of you that might be sick and tired of the gray, wet, gloom that can come with rainy days. Perhaps you are yearning for sunshine. Maybe your rainy days aren't physical, but mental, an emotional rainy day. Those are tough days and my heart goes out to you.

Recently, I good friend of mine spoke to me about a time when her entire life seemed dark and overcast. The weather appeared to mirror her mood, as if trying to keep her down. As she walked outside one day, just as she was feeling so low, there was a break in the clouds, providing her a glimpse of the beautiful sunny sky beyond. That one glimpse helped her to tear down those dark walls around her mind, to blow away the storm inside that so pestered her.

Don't forget that above the storming cloud cover that seems so thick and menacing there is a glorious sky waiting to show forth its beauty. The gales and grayness won't last forever. There is an incomprehensible beauty just out of reach. Be patient, it will return.

I have a favorite sermon by an apostle in my church, Joseph B. Wirthlin, on this subject that I have read and reread many many times when I myself have felt a depressing rain cloud over my head. Inevitably, the hope that this talk reminds me of is what helps me overcome. Here it is:

http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2006/10/sunday-will-come?lang=eng

Prayers and love your way!

No comments:

Post a Comment