Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Here's a Splash of Sunshine!

I don't remember too many things clearly about my years in primary and secondray schools growing up. I remember teachers, friends, some big assignments, but not too much about the day to day stuff. Most of the stuff I DO remember all happened in science class (makes sense if you know me. I am a HUGE science lover.) like learning about the eye, or all the bones in the body, how an airplane flies, and what happens to your hand when it gets bitten by a Brown Recluse spider (yuck). 

One of my strongest memories from school, though, was a day where we had a substitute. She put on a video about the Amazing Human Body. In that show, it was teaching us about the ear and showed us a clip of a young woman getting a cochlear implant and hearing for the first time. They played a little segment of Mozart. The woman was SO happy. She was crying. It was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. What an awesome thing to be able to bring such joy to a person. I realized just how BLESSED I was to have my hearing. 

I heard today that my good friend from high school's daughter is finally going to get a cochlear implant. She is 2 years old and adorably mischievous. I am SO excited for them. It is my happy thought.

There are tons of videos nowadays floating around on youtube about cochlear implants. Every single one makes me cry. Here are some of my favorites though. I couldn't choose just one. See if they don't make you smile and be a little more grateful for the gift God gave you; sound, and the ability to hear it!




Oh my goodness. SO SWEET! I cried all over again. The BEST.

No comments:

Post a Comment