Monday, January 7, 2013

Tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow is my birthday!!!

I will be 26. That is SO less glamorous than 25. Really. It is.

But atleast I get a hot date with the hubby tomorrow evening, right? Nah. He is off interviewing all day.

But I DO get to treat myself to a huge carton of blackberries from Costco, right? Nope. Husband has the car.

Ah, but my friend is taking my out for breakfast in the morning! Yeah, until we remember that The Little Guy needs to come with us and the car seat is still in the above mentioned car.

K, I guess it is walking to the corner Subway or Jimmy Johns then, eh? Well, the forecast says 2-3 inches of rain tomorrow!

Dang.



See how easy it is to count the negative!!! So how easy it is to say "woe is me!" It's lame, huh?



Tomorrow is my birthday!!!

I will be 26. Since I turned 25 last year I have had an AMAZING year. Best of my life!! I am SO glad I am still around to be 26. I don't want to miss out on another year for ANYTHING!

True, my husband will be gone all day and well into the night as well, but I know that he'll be thinking of my all day long, just wishing that I was in his arms. He loves me more than I ever imagined someone could love me.

I don't get blackberries tomorrow but I can have them on Wednesday. Tomorrow I'll eat my Reese's Puffs birthday cereal and not feel bad about their lack of nutritional value at all : )

My friend and I can't go out because we need a car seat too, but I NEED A CAR SEAT!! I have a little boy!! He is adorable in every single way and I am SO grateful that I can't go out and party tomorrow because I have him in my life. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Plus, staying inside and listening to the rain while making crepes together sounds like a LOT more fun anyways!

And my congregation joined with lots of other congregations in a fast that northern Texas would get rain to save the crops and God sends it to us just 2 days later. I'll take it!!

Hooray!!!

3 comments:

  1. It is hard when you have to make a birthday special for yourself.
    I say definitely go for the Jimmy Johns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool way to set up this post! Brilliant! You are a great writer, even though you may not think so. I love your optimism Laura. Sorry I wasn't there to party with you, but I hope you know that I love you and I am so grateful that you were born! You have been a great example to me in countless ways.

    ReplyDelete